Sunday 28 January 2007

Update - painting, cooking and forest parks


Last week Barney took a notion to do some painting. When I suggested he use a huge piece of paper he was very excited. Here he is experimenting with colours and sponges. He produced a fabulous painting which is proudly displayed on his bedroom wall.




Two weeks ago we went for a walk around Castlewellan Lake with my sister H and her fiance D. I've only just discovered the photos from it on Dan's camera! We had a great walk, with the kids. We found a little dark 'hut' made from tree branches which we stopped and had a picnic in. H, D, Annabelle and Jimmie all sat up in the branches to eat their food, whilst us oldies, and the littlest one (Barney) stayed on the ground.








This weekend we were childless! Yes! Annabelle went on a Brownie Pack Holiday in Bangor, and the boys went to stay with their Nanny. So last night we pigged out on a chinese take-away, watched a strange film from the video shop and didn't do much else! I was still suffering from the cold and didn't fancy going out, sneezing, blowing my nose constantly. This morning we got up when we felt like it, had a peaceful breakfast and spent the day chilling. Actually, I spent a lot of time doing housework, but it was nice to do it without interruption. Then this afternoon I spent some time experimenting in the kitchen with my new raw food book. I used one of the recipes and changed it to make my own. Now, its not strictly 'raw' because I don't have a dehydrator (yet!) but it is healthy, and made from sprouted chick peas. So if you want to see how this

turned into this



then visit my food blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, love the photos, specially the tree ones.

    Intrigued about the strange video, lol!

    I'm glad you dropped by my blog, I'd lost the URL of your new blog (well not lost exactly but its on the old computer which doesn't connect to the net any more which means I couldn't get the address - phew!).

    Anyway, thanks for your comments too, you used your real name did you realise? I've put the comment into moderation in case it was an accident, if you let me know I'll either change it to Bree or let it out of comment mod.. thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry about it Lin. I keep forgetting who I am half the time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete