Sunday 7 January 2007

Mother

This evening I have been planning my routine and Jude's home education for the next term. I'm trying to be organised, get up earlier, achieve more. I was looking for some scriptures about mothers and wives to inspire me and add colour to my planner. I came across some inspiring quotes about mothers. I wanted to post some of them so that they can inspire other mothers too. I don't pretend to be any of the mothers talked about below, but I'd like to aspire to be.

"Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within the hearing of little children tends towards the formation of character."- Hosea Ballou

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."- Abraham Lincoln

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."- Abraham Lincoln

"The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom."- Henry Ward Beecher

"In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother."- Booker T. Washington

"The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother."- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children’s character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother’s nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother’s hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny."- E.W. Caswell

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love."- Stevie Wonder

"The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give."- David O. McKay

When she speaks, her words are wise, And kindness is the rule for everything she says. Proverbs 31:26

If there are any Christian mothers reading this who would like musical inspiration I can highly recommend the two new cd's that I got for my birthday. They are by Serene and Pearl and are two cd's of songs about motherhood and the blessing of children from God. They are beautiful, peaceful songs that inspire, soothe and encourage mothers and wives. They are really helping me to get through the day when the kids are fighting, or sulking, or the house is a tip.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that Hazel, i like those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged, mother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever want to be a mum now! Too much responsibility!!!

    ReplyDelete