Friday 9 March 2007

Un-cooking

I thought I'd post a few photos of some of the raw vegan foods I have made this week. For anyone who may be interested, and for my own records.

These are the foods I made yesterday.

Onion bread / crackers or pizza base.
Dried stuffed mushrooms.
Dates and almond balls.
Various sprouts.
Bread.
Oat granola.
Pizza sauce.
Tomato sauce.







This is the onion bread, that is more like a cracker, but can also be used as a pizza base. It's made from onions, sunflower seeds, tahini, linseeds... all un-cooked to crispness in a dehydrator for about 24 hours. This is actually really nice.















Here we have stuffed mushrooms. I stuffed them with a paste made from green olives, pine nuts, tahini, chives and garlic. Dehydrated them for about 18 hours. They are very crisp and could be eaten much sooner than that. But they will keep a long time now.
Underneath in the photos is the almond and date balls. Which are delicious and take no time at all to make.
Then you can see some aduki sprouts, mung bean sprouts, and broccoli sprouts.







And here is my oat granola, made with oats, honey, raisins and goji berries. Everyone liked this one. My last one (sprouted buckwheat granola) wasn't sweet enough for the kids, although Dan loved it. But this one is just gorgeous.
I also made some blueberry cereal bars which I forgot to photograph.
Then there is marinara, pizza sauce, made from fresh tomato, sundried tomato, garlic, lemon juice and onion. It's very tasty.
And lastly real raw tomato sauce, which is much healthier and tastier than the Heinz stuff. Its made from fresh tomato, sundried tomato, agave nectar, and other things which I can't remember off hand.

On a slighly less healthy note, Dan and Barney made these chocolate covered marshmallows last night while I was at belly dancing.

Right, well, my sis J is taking the kids for the weekend so we will officially be a child free home! Woo hoo. Dan is going to cook me a nice meal tonight (none of this raw malarky - proper food, like steak or curry!) Roll on the weekend.




My MRI appointment is set for the 12th April. I went to the docs this morning about the pain in my head and she thinks its inflammation, so has given me some pills for it.

Oh yes, I must just say - we are holding our end of year Belly Dancing performance evening at the Radison Hotel on June 30th. The tickets are selling fast, and I know some people showed an interest in coming. Tickets are £20 for an adult, £5 for a child. If anyone else wants to come to it please let me know as I will need to pay for your ticket asap. I think my sisters are coming. Dan, Annabelle and Jimmie are coming to support us. Mum and I will be in a couple of dances, one involving fans and twirls, and one with sagats (cymbals!), plus another simpler one. I may even go completely crazy and enter the Golden Camel Award competition! Not sure about that yet. If you want to come, let me know asap. It's a whole evening of entertainment, with a real male Egyptian belly dancer, and lots of food. Please, don't feel obliged! The more people that come the more nervous I will be!

3 comments:

  1. anyone that knew me 10 years ago would never think that i would say this but " this raw healthy food is great. bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ai am so hungry

    ReplyDelete
  3. why don't you do a food workshop for us all? i for one would love to find out more. could hire a community center or something. whaddayareckon??

    ReplyDelete