Tuesday 27 March 2007

Annie's first day of school

Annabelle's first day of school was a huge success. She wasn't even nervous going in this morning. She just loved it. Still, it's early days and everything can seem exciting when it's new. She came home with all sorts of stories. She made friends with the naughtiest girl in the school (heck!) and did PE, and had a tour of the school with three girls, and played in the playground. Last night I had to type up a letter about all the books she's read and subjects she has covered this year. I gathered up her most important books and sent them in with her this morning. The teacher put her into the lowest reading group, just as she wasn't sure where to put her, LOL. So I sent in her literature books with a note saying I was pretty sure it was way ahead of her age group. The book she's been sent home with it very basic. I thought it was funny that they'd put the home schooled child into the lowest groups, thinking that she's probably missed out on a lot. Hopefully they will re-evaluate the situation today when they see her work.

Last night we went to the local Italian restaurant as a family (plus my Mum) as a kind of little celebration for Jude. That was nice, the kids love getting out.

6 comments:

  1. Glad it went well for Annabelle on her first day, it's amazing how adaptable kids are, and I'm sure she'll settle in and be happy there. Especialy when she gets involved in all the activities
    She looks lovely in her school uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a bit insulting they assume H.E children will be behind. Here they do not even like taking them back into the school ssytem if they have been H.E longterm in case they make their SATS look bad:) Believe me no H.E child could make our LA schoolSATS look bad - they do it all by themselves. I am gald it went well for her:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! havnt seen you in a while, im really glad that annabelle had a brilliant first day, i wouldnt worry about her making friends with the naughtiest girl, the naughty children are usually the most intelligent, so this girl probably just makes annabelle laugh. and they will probably stay really good friends. she looks cute in her uniform. i hope that she continues to like the school, and im sure the teachers will soon see that she is a credit to you.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad her first day went well!! I know that she'll do well, and show them what H E kids really do know, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Annabelle's day went well, but how was yours? I know I would be totally lost without my boys all day and would worry constantally about them untill I got them back *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad everything is working out. you have to go with your instincts and do what is best for your kids at that particular time.

    ReplyDelete