Sunday 18 March 2007

Mothers Day

So today was mothers day. Dan is away in England visiting with his sick grandfather, so Mothers Day was left to the kids. Barney crawled into bed with me at 7.20am this morning, and I made him a bottle. He was too excited to drink it all, and ran off to find his big brother Jimmie. Jimmie managed to contain his little brother until 7.50, when I was awoken with a chorus of "Happy Mothers Day to you" (sung to the tune of happy birthday!) I was presented with a nice hot cup of tea, and a tray full of prezzies! Barney helped me open them all. Annabelle got a bit annoyed with him, because he was letting slip what the presents were before I opened them. But I explained to her that his excitement was just a lovely mother day memory for me, and that it was just as special as the presents.

Barney had made me (with the help of his brother) a paper heart pendant. A big red paper heart, with lots of sequins and sparkles stuck to it, and put on a string necklace. It's just the cutest thing. I also got 4 new cups! Each specially picked by the kids for one reason or another, some chocolate, a yummy mummy cooking apron, a new vase (to replace the one that got broken last week), and a few other things as well. The hand made things are the nicest. Bless.

My sister and I took our Mum out for a mothers day lunch. We went to an American restaurant in Lisburn, which caters very well for kids (provides DVD's and Nintendos to entertain them!)
We had a lovely meal, and then headed back to my sister H's house. My kids each decorated a Peter Rabbit plant pot thingy (see pic below) for my Mum. I thought they did a really good job with them. Annabelle painted the goose, Barney painted the frog, and Jimmie blended a heap of paints to get just the right colours for the Rabbit.

When we got home we were delighted to find it had snowed at our place! The kids all wrapped up and played in it before it got dark. Now I have 3 wet cold children needing my attention. No school tomorrow, off for St Paddy's day.


The kids enjoying their food at Ed's Bar n Grill in Lisburn.















Barney just wanted ice cream. And was oh so happy when he finally got one!














Here you can see the 3 plant pot characters that the kids painted. They went nicely with the basket of flowers that J gave Mum.













Mum and her prezzies, with my sister H.























Here is Mum, my littles sister H, and my next littlest sister M. J was there too, although not in the photo.












Our r house in the snow, when we arrived home this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to leave a note that I stopped by here and enjoyed the pictures and writing.

    ReplyDelete