Monday 5 March 2007

The Mourne Mountains, and waffle

Well, life has been hectic as always and I've hardly gotten round to posting anything on the blog. Dan has a week off of work, so this week we plan to chill a bit and spend some family time together. I'm not holding my breath. I'm so used to our busy life getting the better of our free time. And after 13 years of marriage I've yet to see Dan relax.


Today Dan went for a hike up Slieve Donard, in the Mourne Mountains. He has taken to doing that lately on his days off. He also had to take some photos up there for his coursework. I think its 'natural forms' that they are doing this time... rocks, stones, flowers, that sort of thing.









Here are some photos of the views that Dan saw today. Northern Ireland is such a beautiful country. It's the best kept secret of the UK.
I found this other photo of Annabelle and Barney, when Dan madly decided to take them for a drive up the Mournes in the snow, a few weeks ago! (Notice Barney doesn't even have a coat on!)


Last weekend I took Annabelle to the wedding show in the Kings Hall, Belfast, with my sister H (who is getting married) and my sister J. Last time we went I thought Annabelle would love the catwalk shows, so this time I made a point of taking her with me. Needless to say, she took her camera with her, and took millions of photos. Here are two of the best...












The pulsing in my ears is still very bad. One day, about 3 weeks ago, the pulsing suddenly doubled in volume, which it has done many times before, but this time it hasn't ebbed at all. As well as that I've developed a pain in the back of my neck, going up into my head. It's been there every day for 2 weeks and is driving me insane. Its on the right side of my spine, going into my skull. Seen as it's my right ear that is affected by the pulsing, I can't help wondering if the two are connected. Theres still no word from my MRI scan yet. I booked an appointment with the doctor but she's not free till Friday, so I'll have to wait.

I finally managed to sort out the money for Tinkhani, that people donated. I sent it to a church in County Cork. They have a preist working in T's prison. They are putting the money into his account and he will in turn pass it on to T. I know this will make a HUGE difference to his life. He will be able to buy food, and hopefully put on some weight, as well as sanitary items, clothes, blankets and maybe even a little luxury. Not to mention stamps and paper! I would to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to the people who donated money for Tinkhani. I was very touched with the generosity that wsa show, and so was he. You know wh oyou are.

6 comments:

  1. hi bree,
    can u not get one of these urgent appointments and get seen sooner. usually the delay with results is clerical, getting reports typed up etc but if i was you i'd ask the dr to lift the phone and call the unit in belfast. with T they lost her in the system. it was a mess. must be very frightening for you.
    email when u want to pop over. T has cardiology tomorrow - 2 yr review but free the rest of the week. or maybe you'd prefer to leave it until next week if you are out and about doing family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking on the Amnesty International site - they provide free legal advice and support for International Human Rights cases where there is genuine need. I wonder if the prisoner could benefit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Northern Ireland:) I hope your ear problem is sorted asap.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Bree, i love calling u that think its a cool name, i hope that you are feeling better, even i who usually have a remedy for everything think that perhaps this time you should try to busy the doctors along. i really hope it has subsided a bit. barney looks cute i hope that he dint catch cold or anything. i just got back from the union and am now eating bacon sarnies with my flatmate, uni is going well and i am going to ISDA stage managing a prod in a fe weeks so will be in belfast for a week, perhaps we can meet for lunch or something. love u loads L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi L
    Yes let me know when you are about and we will meet up. Thanks for your comments :) I like getting comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Havent looked in for a few days, sorry you are going through this and \I hope they soon get their fingers out and get it sorted.
    Have had a sort of booming sound in my own riht ear for a few weeks, comes and goes though, not as intrusive as you describe though
    Glad for Tinkani, let us know when the fund needs a top up .
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete