Saturday 20 December 2008

One week old already

Time flies so much faster after pregnancy than it does in the build up to the birth! Emily is now eight days old already. I haven't had time to blog as much as I'd like (as you can imagine). I will have to catch up sometime. Emily has been a little darling, and I can't complain. She rarely cries and is such a good little girl during the night. Waking up for night time feeds is so much less stressing with a baby that doesn't cry constantly. She wakes, feeds ,then goes back to sleep.

Anyway, I just wanted to add a few photos to the blog. Theres a few photo albums on facebook which you can see by clicking on these links...

Emily day 1.

Emily day 2.
Emily day 3.
Emily day 4.
Emily week one and beyond.

The kids are totally in love with her, especially little Barney. He told me that he doesn't have enough room in his heart for all the love. He helped me with her first bath and was in charge of washing her hair, which he did very gently.

A C-section is certainly much harder to recover from than a natural birth. The scar, and my whole tummy, are still very painful and getting up from bed to a sitting position is extremely sore. The midwife put a big 20x20cm dressing across the wound but unfortunately I was allergic to it, and now i have a big rash (twice the size of the plaster) across my stomach, that itches like hell. They have put me on anti allergy tablets to try to stop the itching. Now I cant have a dressing and the wound is sort of just sitting there, a bit open and sad looking. I'm so grateful to have Dan at home to take care of the house and kids.

3 comments:

  1. Barney says the sweetest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Barney what a sweetie , dad looks so happy, couldn't resist popping in again, hope you don't mind.
    hope you all have a very special Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your nurse didn't tell you, I learned a little trick when I had my C-Sections. If you will hold a pillow over the incision and hold it firm while you are trying to sit up or stand it really helps the pain. It seems to keep the incision and the area around it from shifting and feeling so sore. Give it a try, it really helped me. I followed your blog on your trip through the U.S. and I am so thrilled for you and your newest little one. She is beautiful and your children are very blessed to have such a loving home. Best wishes and hope you bounce right back to good health. I always felt great after about 4-5 weeks, even with my last one at age 35. Hang in there, I sometimes felt like I'd been hit by a large truck, but as everything healed, my sunny outlook returned.
    Good Luck and good health,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete