Wednesday 17 December 2008

The birth of Emily Rose...



My baby girl was born on Friday 12th December by planned C-section.
We arrived at the hospital at 8am ready for our section but had to wait 8 hours before being finally taken to theatre as there were so many emergencies coming in. The waiting was torture.
Finally I Was taken into theatre and give a spinal block to numb my body ready for the c section. Unfortunately the spinal didnt work and as they cut into my belly I could feel it! Within seconds they had put me to sleep, which was a shame as it meant I missed the birth and also that my husband couldnt stay with me.
Baby Emily Rose was born whilst I slept, at 4.27pm, weighing 7lb 8oz and was given to her Daddy who was left to take care of her for an hour until I woke up. The first thing I remember was my husband telilng me "she's so beautiful", and then I thought "Oh gosh, I was having a baby!" and tried to wake up. I took a brief glimpse at her and then drifted back to sleep. Ten minutes later I woke up calling out "wheres my baby? I want to see my baby?" so Steve brought her over and I had a hundred dozy questions about whether she was healthy, and what she weighed.

I was sad to have missed the birth but delighted that she was safe and well. My three older children came to visit on the labour ward and all had a little cuddle before we went up to the maternity ward.

3 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest picture!!! Luke is going to be a great big brother to Emily. So glad everyone is home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan wasn't wrong, she is beautiful.
    Sorry it didn't go as you expected, and I hope you're healing and feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow she is gorgeous , congratulations :-) and she so looks like her mummy :-)
    I'm pleased everything is going well apart from the actual c section feeling it and having to be knocked out - oh dear poor you. But she is truly lovely and I bet worth every second of it.
    Dad looks so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete