Sunday 14 December 2008

Enily - day two














Yesterday was a wonderful day. There is nothing quite like being at a birth of your own child. It’s the most wonderful thing in the world. To hold your own new born baby must be one of the most spiritual moments of anyone’s life, there is nothing quite like it. This is the forth time its happened now and it was just as amazing as the first time. The birth of a child is a miracle and every time it happens, its an over whelming experience that I cannot put into words, and creates such joy that cant be explained.

The day started at 6.30am when we woke up to be at the hospital for 8am. When we were checked in we found out that there was one person in front of us which was great. Soon after we found out that there were two emergencies and there would be very long delays. In the end Bree was not taken down for surgery until nearly 4pm which was a 8 hour wait. We were just happy that we were going to met our new daughter and pleased that it was not us having to deal with an emergency.

They took Bree to get her ready for the C section and get her all numbed before sending for me, but about 25 minutes later the nurse came to me and told me that they could not numb her enough and she would have to be put to sleep. We were told that this could happen and I just had to wait for word.

I have never felt more out of control in my whole life. I was going mad waiting, I wore out the carpet in the waiting room. 10 minutes later (seemed like hours) they came in and told me that a wee girl had been born. Well I already knew she was a wee girl and all I wanted was to see her. A few minutes later a different nurse came to see me and half way through her saying congratulations I stopped her and said ‘when can see her’ in quite and demanding voice (very unlike me). They took me to a different room and told me to take a seat. 30 seconds later I heard them talking saying ‘I think we better go and get that baby right now!!)

The eight hour wait instantly seemed like a few minutes now that I had my daughter in my arms. It was no price to pay and the fact that I had missed the birth no longer mattered as I had her all to myself for 40 minutes before they bought Bree back. Just me and our new born baby in a room on our own! it was magical. It was my job to take good care of her while Bree was sleepy. A wee girl that came from our American trip. A human being that now is alive because of us. Someone that generations could come from, someone that could invent the even longer lasting light bulb!.


She is beautiful, she is sweet, And I love her.

Well done to Bree for being amazing and a big thanks to all the babysitters that made the whole thing so much easier.

****************


Mother and baby doing very well toady, more news to follow soon.













4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all! Emily is just beautiful (like all of your children). Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful.
    Love to you all
    Caroline C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Steve, that was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes!! You are truly blessed to have 4 gorgeous children. Enjoy your gift from America, hehe!!!

    I'm glad to hear that baby and mum are doing well. Tell her hello from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just the most beautiful little child I have seen for ages. Must be the C section that has left her completely unmarked. Congratulations and can't wait to see you all on Saturday.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete