Saturday 6 December 2008

Finally, less than a week to go until the C-section (unless baby decides to make a surprise entry into the world!) and typically our car has died, so goodness knows how I will get to the hospital if anything does happen!

I was starting to get very despondent and miserable during the week after having a nasty flu bug, but Dan managed to cheer me right up by taking us all out last night. Our last night out as a family of 5 (and possibly our last night out for the foreseeable future!) He took us to Ed's Diner in Banbridge, then onto the cinema to see Madagascar 2. Dan has been waiting 3 years for the sequel to Madagascar and was more excited than any of the kids! I think he may possibly have been more excited about that, than about the baby! But we had a lovely evening out, with yummy food and good company, which has left me with a bit more of a spring in my step to make it through this last week of pregnancy.




















For anyone who wishes to see the latest family photos you can do so by clicking on the following links....

Winter 2008 photos
Autumn 2008 photos
Pregnancy photos

Other news this week... Dan and Barney made chocolate crispy cakes together which made Barneys day. Dan loves to do these things at the moment while he's not working as he never used to get much free time for it before. Today we put up the Christmas tree, far too early for my liking, but it had to be done soon as I will be in hospital next weekend. Barney enjoyed putting the baubles and lights on for me.

We were sad to learn of the death of Dan's uncle in England who had been unwell for some months. Dan was deeply saddened for his family and really wanted to be able to go over to England to be with them, but with the baby being born in a few days time it's just not possible. Our thought are with Dan's family at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun night out. That's great that you were able to do that. Those chocolate cakes sure do look good!!

    I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's uncle. My thoughts and prayers are with him and the family.

    ReplyDelete