Thursday 11 December 2008

Having a baby... tomorrow!

If you're reading this on Thursday then I'm having a baby tomorrow (if you're reading it after Thursday then I've already had it!)

Yes, today is my last day of pregnancy and I don't know what to do with myself to pass the time away. I went out for breakfast this morning with a friend, and will be up at the hospital this evening for a pre Caesarean check-up. In between I guess I shall finish packing my hospital bag, re-check things I may have forgotten to pack, tidy the house a little, take a bath.

This whole 'knowing what day the baby will be born on' malarkey is a new experience for me. After 3 natural births I am finding this experience rather odd. I haven't been waiting to go into labour, just waiting for the 12th to arrive. I'm not at all nervous about the operation, or the hospital stay. I'm just impatient and bored. I am slightly more anxious about life with another child, whether I will be able to cope with four kids, and no sleep!

Anyway, next time I write on this blog it will hopefully be with photos of little baby Emily. I can't wait to meet her, to see what she looks like. I wonder whether she has a full head of dark hair like Annabelle did, or gingery whispy hair like Barney, or whether shes a blond baldish baby like Jimmie. Dan is more nervous than me at the thought of watching his wife be cut open and his baby taken out. He's hoping not to pass out, poor guy.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best!!!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it all goes well with no complications. I look forward to seeing my new grand daughter nect week.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete