Wednesday 30 July 2008

I have the use of my sisters car for three weeks so we should be able to get out of the house for a bit and have a few wee adventures. I also have the pleasure of her dog for three weeks too. Though she seems no trouble so far.

On Monday we went to the hospital as requested to have Dan's blood checked. The midwife was rather vague about the whole issue of antibodies in my blood, but Dan kept pressuring her for some answers. Why are they always so reluctant to reveal what is going on with ones body and unborn child? She said that there are antibodies in my blood that could harm the baby. All due to me being of a rhesus negative blood group. They are trying to find out if Dan also has antibodies. If he hasn't then it means that somewhere my blood and the baby's blood has mixed (as far as I can work out from her sketchy brief explanations). She said that baby will be more closely monitored with blood tests and scans every two weeks, and that baby may need to be delivered early if it is showing signs of ill health. That's as much as I could find out so far. But I can feel the baby kicking and moving around a lot, so that puts my mind at rest. I am now 20 weeks, exactly half way through the pregnancy. Doesn't time fly? (I'm sure I wont be saying that in another 20 weeks time!)

The weather had improved somewhat over the start of the week. The kids have spent some quality time out in the garden. Here are Barney and Annabelle enjoying the sunshine and taking Hudge the guinea-pig for a wee swing!

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed everything will go OK.
    From your photo and my extensive medical knowledge, I'd say you're definitely pregnant!
    PS Steve's phone really should get some sort of award for still working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great!! We miss you, and will keep you in our prayers. Wow, time sure does fly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 weeks! Halfway there! That is so wonderful. I am sure that the Rh- thing will work out. My mother went through the same thing, and I am the youngest of 5!

    And your picture is beautiful. What a happy thing. Tough, but happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I'm RH negative and I use to have anti-D injections, which apparently coats the anti-bodies so that they don't try to "fight" the babies blood. I have 5 children and had the injections with all of them, they now due them during pregnancy and after birth to protect any further children. My dh is positive and all the children are.
    I've really enjoyed reading about your travels although I've only commented once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments and support guys, much appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete