Wednesday 16 July 2008

Baby at 18 weeks

Taken in 1965 by a Swiss photographer, this image was the first of its kind to show a live fetus inside the amniotic sac. This is a baby at 18 weeks gestation, which is exactly where I am at the moment, and so I wanted to post this picture onto the blog.

Right now my baby is kicking against the desk table. He is only 6 inches long from his head to bottom, but is already causing quite a commotion in there. I think she's having a rave right now. My baby can now hear sounds from the outside world, including my heartbeat and voice, and the voices of others around me. At almost half way through the pregnancy she is already a perfectly formed little human, just growing in strength and size until the big day.


6 comments:

  1. So sweet!!!

    Well, Mike parted ways with his job today, so he's officially on his own!! Scary, but I think we'll be okay. The gallery is slow going, but doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you referred to your baby as 'she' throughout that blog post. Everytime we have spoken until now you have said 'he'.

    hmmm...very interesting.

    anon, Birmingham, UK.
    See you in 3 weeks...ooops thats given it away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Neil you bozo. I referred to the baby as he and she equally. Now go write 100 lines!

    See you in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah takes me back a few life times.
    Best wishes
    [newbie visiting from Marla]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - Lennart Nilsson is Swedish, not Swiss :). Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the photo:
    http://www.hps.cam.ac.uk/visibleembryos/s7_4.html

    ReplyDelete