Wednesday 9 July 2008

Home at last

Thanks to everyone who has sent concerned emails the last few weeks. I have just read them all this morning. Yes we are home, alive and well. I've spent most of three weeks in bed, watching Dan do most of the housework. The journey home finished me off and I thought I was going to sleep for the rest of the pregnancy. Its taken till today to get our internet switched back on, and so I've had no way of posting since we left America.

Three weeks after our big trip across the US, it all almost seems like a dream now. I have found it hard to settle back into home life. Going from driving to new destinations every day, to being housebound, unwell and with no car has been a bit tough. Not to mention the worry about our baby and whether it was ok or not.

But I'm happy to report that yesterday we had our first baby scan and little bundle of joy number four is alive, well and kicking. My blood pressure is still very high, although not as bad as it was in America. The doctors are keeping an eye on it. In 8 weeks time they will carefully scan the placenta to make sure that its ok. High blood pressure can cause clots to form in the placenta from around that time, so they are going to keep a check on it. The scan was amazing. Junior lifted his/her head right up as if looking into the scanner and started blowing kisses at us!
I will post more in a day or so when there isn' a queue of family members waiting to check their emails.

3 comments:

  1. SO glad you're all home, safe and well. Thank you for posting on here to update us all. I'm off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks so will get in touch again when I'm home. Love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back guys -- we missed you!
    Very glad that you got home safe and (reasonably) well.
    Now your next assignment is to mould your US blog into a best-selling book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Am thinking about that book. Just not sure whether or where to start with it.

    ReplyDelete