Thursday 24 July 2008

Baby has a heartbeat

This morning saw Barney and I visiting the local midwifery clinic for my 2 week pregnancy check up. Barney was particularly impressed that he got to hear the new baby's heartbeat before his brother and sister, and before his Daddy. His little face lit up with excitement and amazement when the midwife asked if he could hear his baby siblings heart beating. I couldn't help beaming a big smile myself just from watching his wee enchanted face.

My blood pressure was even higher than usual at my checkup and the midwife seemed suitably worried. She is coming out to the house tomorrow to take it again and is requesting that I get some medication at last to bring it down.

This is turning into a bit of a pregnancy blog as I'm just not doing anything or going anywhere to report. As soon as something fun happens I'll be sure to let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment