Sunday 1 April 2007

Family Day Out

It's been an odd week in the M family home. For starters, I've been working in the shop and Dan has taken over the role of housewife. This has worked quite well and has given everyone a nice change of pace. Although this evening I did start to get rather stressed out about the state of the house. Don't get me wrong, Dan has done plenty of housework, but I get stressed if I haven't done enough. Sounds so daft. But my brain tells me the house must be a state, because I haven't done enough in it. It might take me some time to learn to let go of that. Then secondly, Annabelle started school this week so now theres no home education to be done, apart from with the wee man. That in itself is a huge change. The mornings are more stressful, as are the evenings, but the daytime hours are quieter. She's happy enough there at the moment. She's making friends and generally enjoying the company, but I have noticed how unimpressed she is in the evenings when it's homework time.

Anyway, today was our family day, and the sun was shining like a summer's day. So we all headed off to Gosford Forest Park, at the request of Barney, who has been asking to go for weeks now. We had a beautiful family day there, lots of fresh air, peace and quiet, and plenty of nature. I could have just taken a good book, found a nice peaceful lakeside spot, or a tree to sit in, and spent hours there all by myself! I must do that one day.
Tomorrow I have the appointment for the results of my MRI scan. I'm almost certain now that they will say they couldn't find anything, and I will be none the wiser as to why I'm suffering with this condition. I do hope that they have seen something.... something simple, harmless and easily fixable. I'm sure if they'd found anything serious they would have called me in sooner, so its a toss up between having found nothing, and having found something harmless.... I'm guessing. Will let y'all know either way.

I've posted a couple of photos from the forest park below, although you can see a slideshow of the full set by clicking here.






4 comments:

  1. Those pics are gorgeous!! You have such a beautiful family!! And you, you are looking different, younger, thinner, did you dye your hair darker too? You are so blessed to have a place like that to go to. I was watching a PBS show yesterday on places in Europe, and there are so many places full of nature, green grass and trees. The small parks that we do have here, are always so full of people, it's hard to enjoy the time there.

    I can just see the love radiating form all of you, and it's so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely day! It's starting to stay warm now here, so we will be spending more time outside I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy, you always leave such lovely comments that make me feel so good about our life.

    Anna, I got your email, I'll reply soon. But yes, I have lost some more weight, still going at it, although slower than Id like. But I feel much better for it. I must update that weightloss blog. Id forgotten all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see you ! i love putting faces to names - on the dasys I get the right names ;-)

    ReplyDelete