Thursday 1 February 2007

Just found out today that even though our Belfast fellowship has been under the care of the Dublin fellowship for many months now, and even though we left the fellowship weeks ago, the oversight of the Dublin fellowship has not even bothered to contact half the Belfast fellowship to tell them that we have left, or to even enquire as to whether they are still alive. One member of the fellowship turned up at our house last week, completely unaware that we had left, and another phoned today, also completely unaware. Bare in mind that these few Belfast members are people we have fellowshipped with, known, cared for, for 13 years now. Bare in mind also that the oversight in Dublin only has a handful of members down there to care for, and should as a matter of duty be looking out for all his members, whether they live in the north or the south. But he hasn't phoned or contacted them to ask how they are or to tell them that we have left. I think that is disgraceful. The person who called in to see us said that in the last few weeks his sister had died of cancer, and his other sister had been hit by a horse and was badly injured, so he had been taking care of her and hadn't gotten to any meetings. But did anyone contact him to ask if he was ok? No. I honestly never realised that there could be so little care for fellow brothers and sisters in a church. I am appalled and disappointed for these people.

3 comments:

  1. It is bad but I am not a bit surprised given my experiences of fellowships myself and lots of others I know- I think it is par for the course:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised either,my hospital stay of 10 days for my cancer op.coincided with the annual camp. This was held only 3/4 hr drive away, but no one from the church visited, or phoned to see how I was doing. I was worried about how Heather would cope on her own, but they did nothing for us whatsoever. Our good kind neighbours proved to be far better than these so called christians who I had ministered to, and opened up my home to for 18 yrs.
    That was the beginning of the end for me, it opened my eyes to the hypocrysy of that organisation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, most religious organisations fail to practice what they preach. In my opinion, all you need is your own strong faith and God in your heart, and your family around you.

    ReplyDelete