Wednesday 14 February 2007

A day to see the owls

Yesterday we went to The World Of Owls in Randalstown. I'd never even heard of it before. Despite the bitter weather we had a good time. The owls were adorable. It was amazing to see them so close up. Jimmie and Annabelle read all the descriptions on the cages of each owl and Barney ran between them deciding on his favourites. Some of our friends joined us. I think I may have to organise a home education group trip there when the weather is a bit warmer.


































The pair of owls in the 2nd photo were my favourite. Mr and Mrs Owl. They sat together looking lovingly into each others eyes. Barney liked the owl with the big orange eyes in photo number 3, which made strange noises if you got too close. I had to take that photo of Dan with Heather. Sitting at the picnic table, freezing, eating all my healthy raw foods, under a big tartan granny blanket. They looked like a pair of old pensioneers on a day out from the retirement home. Cute.


My diet is going to plan so far. I've lost just over half a stone in the 3 weeks or so that I've been at it. In general I feel more energized, less sleepy (not today!) and less bloated. We've been eating mostly raw foods and I've been making a lot of dehydrated food too. I've also started sprouting again. The sprouts always liven up salads and sandwiches.




















1) sprouting alfalfa, 2) sprouting sunflower seeds (my favourite) 3) sprouted chick peas (I will make dehydrated falafels with these) 4) sprouting mustard. 5) My new tall, family size fridge! At last, after 13 years of waiting - a fridge I can fit stuff into! Wahey.



2 comments:

  1. We have some owls, don't know what kind they are, but the sit in the pecan tree at night in the spring and fall and sound like wild monkey's carrying on. It's their mating ritual I guess. Quite fun to listen to when you're trying to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Dan and Heather make a lovely owl couple?

    ReplyDelete