Thursday 1 February 2007

Happy Birthday Dan!

Today my gorgeous darling husband Dan is 35. Happy birthday baby! We actually celebrated it yesterday, for various reasons. We have bought tickets to take him to see the Belfast Giants on Saturday night. We have never been there before and we are all really looking forward to it. It should be good. Apart from that we gave him various items of clothes, chocolate and shower gels. Just what he asked for.

Last night we all took a drive to Pizza Hut, Dan's choice. There we met up with our friends H, D & C. They brought a birthday cake with them which the staff brought over and we all humiliated ourselves by having to sing Happy Birthday in a deafeningly quiet restaurant!

Today I took the kids to Castle Espie (blog post with photos to follow later) whilst Dan spent the day at home on his own (a rare treat which he relished by cleaning the bathrooms for me!)

Well, Dan is another year older, and next week it will also be our 13th wedding anniversary. I am married (theres no question about this) to the most fabulous man on the planet. I'm sorry, all you women who think you've got that man - well, you haven't. I've got him, and he's all mine. The nicest bloke anyone ever met, hard working, not scared of housework, ok he can't dance - but no one can be 100% perfect can they? Plus, he is drop dead gorgeous. I'm not complaining. I hope we have at least another 35 happy years together and look forward to the next 13 years of marriage. He's a star, and I love him.

That's all for now but I'll be back later to post about castle espie.

2 comments:

  1. Come on Bree be honest -- he can't sing either! He IS drop dead gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a great tribute to your dh:)

    ReplyDelete