Sunday 21 October 2007

So many plans

Our house is finally on the market, and we have had one viewing already. I've seen two houses I'm interested in buying but can't really put in a serious offer until we have a buyer for ours. So for now, I'm patiently waiting. The plan is to get rid of our mortgage. It is more than likely that we will be closing our wee shop in January, and so having no mortgage will be a huge bonus, as we dont yet know how we plan to make money.

But as I've mentioned before in this blog, we plan to take a trip next year, with our children. We are finally in the stages of planning this now. If we dont sell our house on time we may still go on the trip and leave the house on the market while we are away.

At the moment we are planning a 19 week trip. Steve found a 'round the world' ticket company in the paper that are offering an amazing deal on flights. If we go with the tickets for which we've been quoted we will be flying from London to Los Angeles on February 11th, and spending 10 weeks in America, travelling around the west coast (California etc, all the beaches) and around the Grand Canyon and surrounding area. Then we will be flying from Los Angeles to Aukland in New Zealand and spending 8 weeks touring the north island of New Zealand. From there, we will fly to Hong Kong (this is not optional, its part of the deal!) and spending anything from 3 nights to 2 weeks (depending entirely on funds), before flying back to London. Once in London we may take a week or so to visit with family, or we may just be desperate to get home!

So now we are just mulling it over in our minds before we decide whether to book these tickets and make it all final. I'm so over excited about it all!

While Im hear blogging, I keep meaning to write another blog post about Tinkhani but just havent found the time yet. He has had his sentece reduced from the death penalty to life imprisonment, but he is hoping that he may get this reduced too. If anyone wishes to send money for him again, please let me know. I have just sent him $30 as he was desperate again for food. But I'm sure that is probably all spent by now and I really need to send him some more. If you want to know more you might like to read this blog post about Tinkhani and the conditions in Zambian prisons. As I said in one of my other blog posts, Tinkhani did put on weight from the food he purchased from your donations, and his improved dramatically. His doctor was shocked at the improvement.

2 comments:

  1. I also send money to a prisoner. He too has had his sentence reduced to life with the hope that this will also be reviewed. I send him money when I can. I sent him a cd player and some cds which he had wanted. He is already making plans for when he gets out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you sneak SE Kansas into your trip plans too? It's only about another 18 hour drive :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete