Tuesday 23 October 2007

Recent events

Well, to start my post here is a photo of my darling daughter Annabelle, who has now taken after her mother and gone goth! Ha ha. No, this was her last night on her way to the brownies Halloween party, with my wig, makeup, nail varnish and clothes on. Doesn't she look gorgeous? Or scary, at least.


And here is a ridiculous photo of me and Dan! Taken using some silly camera effects. I think its interesting to see just how we will both look aged 110.

Hehe, but onto other things... today was Barneys 'preschool assessment' with the health visitor - or more importantly, his injections. I didn't tell him we were going until the last moment as he is such a little worrier. When I did tell him that he would be getting two injections he didn't seem at all worried (the fact that he didn't ask me what an injection is or how the medicine gets through his skin might have helped). He was weighed and measured, and (as expected) was at the top of the centile chart on both accounts. He was a proper little star! When the health visitor asked him what foods he likes he replied "I like broccoli, carrots, courgettes, peas and cauliflower"! What a champion! With absolutely no prompting from me. This is the child you spends 99.9% of his waking time thinking about sweets.

When it came time for the injections (1 in each arm - done at the same time by two nurses) they asked him to look out the window and see if he could spot a big crow. He didn't even wince at the pain. I saw a little look of shock on his face as I held him, and he thought about crying, but he held it together like a real little super hero. After we left he told me "Mummy I think the lady might have pulled a little hair on my arm when she gave me that medicine because it hurt a little bit". Oh bless. His Daddy took him to the sweety shop for some treats for being so brave, and tonight he will get the red plate for his dinner.

Now I am off to a belly dancing evening. On the 30th November I am dancing my first solo belly dance at the gothic belly dance extravaganza at Lavery's in Belfast. I'm absolutely terrified. Not only do I have to come up with a new gothic dancing costume, but I have to choreograph and learn my own dance, and not look like a total twit. It's almost impossible. Gahhhh - why did I agree to this??? Am I totally insane?

3 comments:

  1. cant wait to see the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm all caught up with your blog, sorry I've not been here in so long. I've been a little out of it. :(

    I am so excited about your trip to America. We HAVE to meet up at one of those beaches. Where else in CA are you going? I can't wait!!!

    You'll do fine with your solo belly dance. I know you'll come up with something brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats ok tammy. Ive been terrible at posting anything lately. Life just gets so hectic sometimes. Will definitely meet up with you when we are in that area. Still at the planning and funding stages at the moment. Our plans seem to change from one day to the next.

    ReplyDelete