Tuesday 17 July 2007

Silly, silly me

Yes, I'm a silly moo.

I went and fell down the stairs (again) and broke my foot! We had a friend round at the time, just to make it more embarrassing. I was walking down stairs and my foot slipped off the edge of a step and I fell about 6 steps down to the bottom. I hurt my butt and arm landing on them. Then fell down and landed on my own foot, on the wooden floor at the bottom of the stairs.

It wasn't until the next morning that Dan noticed my middle toe was pointing in the wrong direction, and I said "well, yes, it was very sore every time the duvet touched it during the night".

So Dan took me to the hospital and left me there with our friend Jack, who agreed to help me in and out of the place while Dan picked the kids up from Jennys house (another story). The nurse came in with the xray photo and kindly showed me that my toes were broken. LOL. The middle toe of my left foot had completely snapped in two, hence the funny direction it was sticking in. (I, stupidly, had thought it was dislocated and had got Dan to pull it to try and slip it back into place! Yes, it hurt immensely!)
The pain of having my toes straightened and tied together was excruciating, to say the least. And Jack turned a delightful shade of grey at the time. I am now sporting a new pair of crutches which I have to use for 6 weeks, and the biggest purple bottom bruise ever seen.

5 comments:

  1. OUCH! Prayers for a quick heal! So...this means no more belly dancing for a while? It fascinates me. Too bad there wasn't anywhere near me to maybe take lessons. LOL!

    P.S. I've moved my blog....more info on the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor girl, don't worry baby I will look after you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why dont you share that picture of the purple bottom that you shared with me lol.

    The things you do for tea and sympathy doh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Hope they stop hurting soon.

    Thanks for not sharing the purple butt photo fungi mentioned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better soon. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete