Friday 6 July 2007

Finding it hard to blog

What with working and all I have hardly been able to find time to do so many of the things I previously enjoyed doing. One of which is blogging. But as always, life has been extremely busy, never a dull moment.

Jimmie had his 12th birthday and I had intended to do a post about his life, with photos through the years, as I had done with Annabelle in November. But I just haven't had time. He had a quiet birthday this year, with money being tight. However, we did get him the red electric guitar that he had been hoping for. He has barely put the thing down since he got it, and I can see that the purchase of some headphones might well be in order.

The kids are all off on summer holidays now, which would be nice if we were having a summer. As it is, it hasn't stopped raining for weeks. Literally, day and night, almost 24 hours a day, rain, rain, rain. I hear that it is the same all across Europe. Belfast has had monsoons and flooding. Half of the UK seems to be under water. I'm getting the feeling that the melted polar ice caps are raining down on us.

Last weekend we had our big belly dance show, the Golden Camel Awards. I have some photos to put on my blog from it, but they are on the pc at home and I am currently on the lap top at work. It went really well. All the music came on this time so we got to dance our sagats dance with music this time, thank goodness. I had a great evening. It was a shame I couldn't go to the after show party though because we had to get the kids back home. I will write a separate post with photos sometime soon.

Well that's about all I have time to write at the moment. But I'm off work for a few days from tomorrow, so I will be back, and armed with photos.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see those photos!!

    Send some of that rain over here. We are so dry, and battling fires on a constant basis. Today, they recorded the temps downtown at 115F I hope the rain lets up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain, rain and more rain here in Southern England too. We did get 2 hot sunny rainless days over the weekend but that's it. I think we may have had summer in April, lol!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete