Thursday 3 January 2008

The trip is ON

Well, almost, almost definitely on. Will be on by lunch time, all being good.

Dan is on the phone right now to the bank to ask them to freeze our mortgage while we are away. If that goes well we shall phone the American Consulate in Belfast to arrange Visas. That takes 12 days. So anytime within the next 4 weeks we hope to be off on our trip across America!

I'm just a little bit over excited about this, as you can imagine. Right now, I'm stuck in limbo. Our whole house will need packing up and putting into storage as we are leaving it on the market in the hopes that it will sell while we are gone. So theres a lot of work to be done there. But until the bank give us a yes or no, I can't do a thing.

... ... ... ... ...

Ok, so Dan just got back to me there. He spoke to the bank and it takes 7 days to get a definite answer, but he had to answer a lot of questions which were all basically about debt and bankrupcy etc. Since he answered positively to each question the lady at the bank seemed sure that there is no reason why our application would be refused. So thats good news.

Now I need to get a ton of information together for Dan to phone the consulate to arrange our visa appointments. Since we will be travelling for more than 90 days we need special visas. It takes 12 days from start to finish for the whole visa application thing.

It's gonna be a busy few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. arghh! I feel nervous for you. it will be such an adventure.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! It's the chance of a lifetime!
    PS Can I live in your house?

    Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!!! And, we are for sure going to meet up, if I have to drive the airport and meet you off the plane!! hehe Seriously, make sure you let me know when and where you'll be, and we'll arrange something. Let me know if you need help with anything too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sooooo jealous. Me and Tom would love to go travelling but unfortunately we're both stuck with jobs and stuff! Funny that, if something happened and we were both jobless we probably would be able to!! Something's a bit wrong with that I think! Make sure you have a big bash before you go or else we're coming with you!

    ReplyDelete