Monday 28 May 2007

Our world in photos

Theres been so much on lately that I've hardy had time to post the every day photos that I love to record on my blog. Now days, with digital technology, families can photograph seemingly every day moments and keep those images forever. I think this is great. There used to be a time when cameras were only brought out for special occasions. So people have grown up with an album full of Christmas, birthday and wedding photos. I prefer to record every day life. As these are the memories I want to treasure, and the things I want my children to remember about life as a child.

The images below were all taken on our new mobile phones this last week.

Jimmie finds a ladybug on a family walk with Aunty H and Uncle D.




















Barney tries our his new bed set. Whilst shopping for veg in LIDL I found a pile of duvet sets for sale for just £4. I asked Barney if he'd like to pick one to take home, and he fell in love with this Sesame Street set. When I discovered that the Sesame Street one was actually £12, there was no convincing him to take anything else, and the little look of excitement on his wee face made me part with the cash. He couldn't wait to get home and try it out in his yellow VW beetle car bed.















This is a pic Daddy took of wee Barney soaked to the bone after playing Superheros in the rain.
















After work on Wednesday Dan surprised us all by taking us to Pizza Hut for dinner. I think he was trying to cheer me up after my neck scan. Bless him.



















Twice last week Barney climbed into our bed in the middle of the afternoon and went to sleep! I couldn't resist sneaking in to take this photo.
















Today was spent working out in the garden. Jimmie cleaned out sheds, whilst I weeded and planted. Here little Barney is planting sunflower seeds. Last year his sunflowers made it onto the front page of the local newspaper! Let's see if he can do as well this year.


Here he is watering his newly planted seeds.











3 comments:

  1. Oh look at that lovely 'waist' you are acquiring with all the belly dancing. Why isn't mine looking like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A waist? I have a waist? Surely not, it must be a trick of the light my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pic of him with his dummies neatly arranged on the pillow ahhh!

    ReplyDelete