Tuesday 1 May 2007

Elephant Poo Paper !!



How about this for the ultimate in recycling and reusing?! Elephant poo paper. Yes it is really made from elephant poo. I discovered it at this site and this is what they say about it.


Yes, this journal is made from elephant poo and other recycled fibres! In permaculture, they say "The problem is the solution" and the "problem" of what to do with elephant poo has been turned into a wonderful solution - 100% recycled paper.

Of course you're going to ask "Does it smell?" and the answer is definatly "No!". The poo is washed and dried to leave the fibres from the plants the elephant ate.

Size: 17cm x 20cm (7" x 8"). Hand made in Thailand.
A percentage of profits from the sale of this product is contributed towards the conservation of elephants.

Available in a choice of four colours: green, blue, pink and bark.

6 comments:

  1. Wow,fascinating. I wonder if they make elephant poo toilet paper. That would be even wierder!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. When I read the post title I think toilet paper for elephants....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard it all now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of an accident I was sent to years ago, involving, yes , Elephants poo!
    The Circus came to town, and the elephants were unloaded from a cattle truck at the rail way station in the early hours.
    They walked these 3 big elephants about a mile and a half to the field where the big top was.
    Unfortunately, just like horses, they left a trail of large turds all along the road. There was a frost, and they froze hard. A motorcyclist ran into one , and it threw him off his bike. I was amazed at the size of an elephants turd, they were just like a kiddys sea side sand pie, cast out of giant size bucket.
    Any way, in the accident report book, theres a part that says "Cause of Accident " The Station Sgt was'nt at all amused by my entry "Frozen elephant excretia in road" I kid you not, truth is stranger than fiction. LOL
    nt a

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! You should write a book. Maybe call it, "Sprouts to Poo- the cycle of life and we got it on paper.

    Just Kidding :-)~

    J. Austin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's different isn't it, lol! And I thought a pencil made form a tyre was cool, I knew nothing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete