Friday 14 September 2007

Barney is almost 4



I just adore these two photos that Dan took last week while I was in England (blog post to follow about that soon). Barney will be 4 years old next month. He has decided this week that he wants to be educated at home and has sat me down for daily 'lessons'! He asked me to teach him how to write. So we practiced writing his name. He can now write the L perfectly, and sometimes upside down. This week he developed an interest in the hama beads that have been on his shelf for months. He made so many patterns, entirely on his own, that I had to reorder some more beads as he ran out. This week he has spent every day in the garden collecting spiders in one of my tupperware pots. Today he sold me 3 for £50 !! I still owe him £49.95 of that £50 but with the 5p I gave him he went into the corner shop on his own, queued up on his own and bought and paid for a packet of 5p crisps. He was adamant that he could do it without me, and I heard him chatting away to various customers as well as the shop keeper. Telling them how he earned his crisps by selling spiders. He he. Life is lovely with my Barney.

6 comments:

  1. Three spiders for £50? Now that's what I call a bargain. Do let me know when he expands his retail venture into slugs ;-)
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great business mind Barney ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that reminds me of stories of my brother when he was a child, must be genetic! peter used to collect the used fireworks off the field and sell them to all the children in the village making loads of money. and once he made a lemonade stand, sold the lemonade to everyone in the village, then sold his buisness to the girls accross the road who then had no-one to sell to! he was very business minded as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was laura btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pics too, they are adorable!! He's getting to be such a big boy, you can even see the changes in his face. What a little business man, hehe.

    ReplyDelete