Sunday 11 January 2009

One month old already

It's hard to believe that Emily is now one month old already. Why does pregnancy go so much slower than life after the birth?

This week has pretty much been the week from hell for me, and I have barely made it out of bed. Until today when I managed to make it to Mum's house for dinner. I'm not going into details about it here, so instead, here are some photos of Emily at 4 weeks old.

I must also mention that we have enjoyed Emily's first real smiles the last few days. On Thursday morning she woke up next to me, and when I leaned over and said good morning to her she beamed a great big precious smile at me! Then followed it with 2 more smiles. I almost cried. She has been looking at us more and taking in our faces and her surroundings, and really trying to communicate with her mouth. This evening we enjoyed about 5 more smiles before she drifted off to sleep. It's amazing to see her growing, changing, and learning so fast. They grow up far too quickly, but watching them is like watching a miracle unfold.







3 comments:

  1. Emily is so precious!! I'm here for you Hazel!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous. I love the photos you share. They manage to capture what a great family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious! It really has flown by.

    I hope you are ok, I noticed you'd disappeared from Facebook.

    ReplyDelete