Sunday 2 December 2007

Blood & Glitter, Gothic Bellydance Show!

Everyone knows I've been rehearsing like a nutter for my first solo bellydance performance. The show was on Friday night. I am just soooo glad it's finally all over. All that practice, costume hunting and makin, for 3 1/2 minutes of performance. It seems like a total waste of time when I think about it!

The evening went really well. The Attic Bar in Laverys was packed with a great crowd of alternative looking people. I was 4th to perform and then I was able to sit back and relax. Actually, I didn't get at all nervous. I felt fine about the whole thing even though I was still improvising parts of the dance. There are lots of photos of the whole event, and even a bad quality phone video of my dance, on my facebook page.









My dance went really well. I think it was the best I have performed it so far. The girls who saw me in rehearsals told me I had really improved on it, so that was a releif. One man (who I later found out is a famous singer from the old punk band The Outcasts) told me I danced 'like a gazelle' (LMAO!) Dan said it went really well too and everyone seemed suitably impressed, so I was very happy indeed. I was the first out of my group of first time soloists to dance, so I was able to sit back and watch the rest of them, and enjoy the night. There were also professional dancers and group dances too.







3 comments:

  1. I am not sure about the gazelle comment but my friend Deborah said thought your dance was the best that evening! I will have to practice like mad for the next one lol. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos you should add more

    ReplyDelete