Wednesday 2 August 2006


Dinner tonight was lovely. Our house smelt like a Chinese restaurant. The photo doesn't do it justice at all. It was stir fried turkey with vegetables (courgettes, mushroom, green pepper, carrot, bean sprouts, onion) and noodles in a sweet soy and spring onion sauce. We have been making quite a few dishes with noodles in lately as the whole family seem to like them, and the kids get through a stir fry much easier that way. I'd happily have just veggies as I'm not a big meat eater but my carnivorous family like their meat.

I managed to harvest some herbs from the garden today (it finally stopped raining long enough) and I'm going to dry them to use throughout the winter. In the photo you can see moroccan mint, lemon mint, mint, spearmint, chamomile flowers, marigold flowers, calendula flowers, basil, thyme, greek oregano, rosemary, lavender and nasturtium seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment