Monday 24 April 2006

Arm Pain

I had my appointment at the Polyclinic this morning. For about 2 years Ive suffered bone pain in my right arm which comes and goes. It drives me crazy at night some times. I finally went to the doctors about it and saw a different doctor to usual. She was pretty useless. She told me I carpal tunnel syndrome. I told her that I dont have carpel tunnel syndrome. Anyway, she made me this appointment with the surgical clinic. I saw a nice doctor there who said my doctor had written to him and asked him to assure me that I had carpel tunnel syndrome. Well, he did a few tests, spent a long time taking my pulse with my hand bend backwards and forwards and told me that I definitely dont have carpel tunnel syndrome as I dont have the right symptoms or pain for that. Tell me something I dont know! But he took me seriously which I was pleased about as sometime doctors can treat their patients like hyperchondriacs. He is sending me an appointment to get an x-ray done. He thinks that the pain I'm experiencing sounds like I could have cysts in the bone. Im not sure if thats something they can treat or if like many cysts they would just leave them there. I will be glad to get the x-ray done and to find out for sure. I wonder how long I'll have to wait for that appointment.

4 comments:

  1. You will probably have to wait for an age. Keep me posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I've enjoyed reading yours too - what a lovely family you have!
    It seems funny seeing the pic's of your spring planting as here we're busy pruning & chopping things back ready for winter. I'm a hopeless gardner but I saw daffodil & hyacinth bulbs at the store yesterday and I'm tempted to give them a try - something to look forward to later in the year.
    Good luck with the hospital appointments etc - sounds like the health system there is as slow as it is here. xxx Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel
    Thanks for sending me the link to your blog.
    It looks like you're keeping busy. I'm sorry to hear you've had to suffer chronic pain. It's worse I'm sure, when you don't know what's causinf it either. I hope the x-ray helps to explain that for you.
    I like what you're doing with your garden. I want to grow some veg this year (never dome it before) so I know hwo to ask for advice now ;-)
    Sharon (aka Emily)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I usually read through things before I send them, but not just then.
    Sorry for all the typos Hazel!

    ReplyDelete