Thursday 25 September 2008


I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant now and little Emily is getting bigger every day. I don't have any medical checks till the 7th October now, they seem finally to be letting me get on with it. My BP seems to be under control on this medication now, although it makes me unbelievably tired. I'm now officially in the third and final trimester of pregnancy, the home run, with about 10 weeks until our little bundle is due to be delivered by C section. Dan is getting very excited about meeting 'his baby'. Since this is the baby that he pestered for and really wanted, we call it 'his baby' (although just for the record, they are all actually his babies!) and I'm pretty sure he is going to spoil her to bits. He keeps telling me how he can't wait to meet her and hold her. Awwww.

In preparation for Emily's arrival we have been getting lots of jobs done around the house. We both know that we wont get a minutes peace once shes born, so theres been lots of painting, decorating and furniture moving going on. Dan has re-painted one of the kitchen walls with washable paint. Its the same colour as before, just more durable and less tea-stained. We have finished changing the old downstairs spare room into a new office, which involved stripping wallpaper, painting, and getting wireless set up in there for the computer. Dan has also painted two walls in the living room. The room was a pale green colour, but it gave me migraines at night, so we have changed two of the walls to magnolia. We have put together a lot of flat packed furniture from Ikea (including a bed for Jimmie who has been sleeping on the floor for years!) And finally, we have decorated the old upstairs office and made it into a bedroom for Emily. Not that she will actually sleep in it at the start, as she will be in with us. But at least we have somewhere to store her clothes and belongings. Dan painted it magnolia, and this morning we had a new carpet put down in there. It looks just like a baby's room now, with the cot, night light and moses basket all set up. Little Barney takes great delight in arranging Emily's room. Any time a new item is bought in preparation for the baby, he takes it up to her room and puts it away. Today I found the three pink baby-grows that Id bought all 'folded' up in a drawer.

Barney is still loving school, and finally making friends. Today he ran out telling me "that's my friend Daniel over there!" From Monday he will be going full time, instead of finishing at 12, so we can expect him to be utterly exhausted.

I had to post the photo above that Dan took of me. Our mate Neil is a bit of a whiz with photography and computers and he edited for me. I really like it, even if I don't actually look anywhere near as gorgeous as that in real life. Lol. Neil is coming over to visit us for the weekend. Dan is driving to Dublin to pick him up tonight. Tomorrow we plan to take Barney to the train museum after school, and I'm sure we will do something interesting on Saturday too. We're all looking forward to seeing him again. Jimmie is planning to beat him at Monopoly sometime. Next weekend Dan is taking the kids to England to visit his family. They are all looking forward to it, whilst I'm looking forward to having a nice quiet weekend on my own. When they return it will be Barney's' 5th birthday. How the time flies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi missus, you look beautiful!

    So exciting about little Emily. I hope you enjoy the transport museum, if you fancy a cup of tea after, pop on over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately i didntread it til we returned, lol. although we were totally shattered anyway by then. Hope all is well with you and your lovely kids.

    ReplyDelete