Thursday 14 December 2006

What do I want for my birthday?

Well, my 30th is fast approaching, and I'm starting to feel old. No longer will people be surprised that I have 3 kids (one of which is at Secondary School) because my age starts with a 3, instead of a 2. No, I'm not looking forward to it. Im going to age disgracefully.

Steve has asked me to write a list of things I might like for my birthday. Naturally I've been thinking all year about this. Every month that has passed I've thought "I'll get that for my birthday", but now that the time has come, and I have my pen in my hand, can I think of a single thing??? Nope.

So I went onto Ebay for some inspiration, and came up with
this
and this or this, (I've been hankering after one of these for quite some time)
or there is this, yes it's dull I know, but I was after one in the summer when I was growing all that veg, and I know I'll want one next summer and won't spend that sort of money on myself.

I just know there were lots of books I wanted to read, but wouldn't buy for myself, but I just can't remember what they were now.

So here is my question to you. What should I get for my birthday? Any suggestions? Do you think this might be too much to ask for?

And yes, I realise now that if Steve does bid on any of those ebay items you will all be able to see how much he pays! he he.

8 comments:

  1. davey has loads of money, he can buy the last one !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there's nothing wrong with being rich lad -- don't knock it.
    I'm a self-made man -- that's why bits keep falling off.
    However if you want me to take your delightful wife for a relaxing sunkissed Caribbean holiday, I'd be only too happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I know you wanted THIS for your birthday but I hope you won't be too disappointed if I tell you that I got you THAT.

    By the way, that was very subtle - thanks for the reminder that it's the BIG DAY on 29th (not that I needed it) how could I forget my first daughter's big 30?

    If you feel old now, don't worry, it will pass when you get to my age and then you will find that life is only just beginning. Being 30 is only a temporary malaise. Being 40 is when women begin to reinvent themselves and then 50 brings about rejuvination so keep smiling, you only have another 20 years to go!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cryptic message Mum. Actually I wasnt hinting, I was looking for help. lol.
    Well, 135 people have read this post so far and only 3 have commented.
    I think its time for all you secret readers to leave a comment, don't you? Stop lurking in the background and say something :)

    ps - anyone who wants to take me on a caribbean holiday is more than welcome! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what I want to get you, I just dont know where to get it :S
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem. OK Hazel I'll admit it, I'm one of your secret 132 readers.
    Your blog really cheers me up, particularly after a bad day being questioned by the police like yesterday. I was wondering if you fancied a couple of weeks with me in sunny Baghdad. I know a lovely little place in the green zone.
    Cherie thinks Steve is rather dishy and fancies a private photo session, and to be honest I'll be glad to get a break from her constant whinging about Gordon.
    I'll be over there soon to sort out the NI assembly (again), so I might pop round for coffee and a quick episode of DH. Toodle-pip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhh Hannah, what is it???? Another cryptic message eh? Cooool. Now I'm excited.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment Tony. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy reading my blog. Anything to put a real smile on your face, rather than that plastic grin that you have permanently fixed to your mug. As much as I would love a couple of sunny weeks in Baghdad, I think Steve might have something to say about photography Cherie. As much as his photographic skills have improved, I'm not sure any amount of lighting, touching up and airbrushing will be able to make Cherie look any better.

    Keep reading and commenting.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete